Re: Xorg eats lot of CPU after upgrade to KDE 4.4

On 8 Jun 2010, at 23:03, deloptes <deloptes@yahoo.com> wrote:

Jan Hlodan wrote:

I set up Nvidia driver according to
http://wiki.debian.org/NvidiaGraphicsDrivers I used nvidia packages from
Sid (when I installed Squeeze, 6 months ago). I'm attaching Xorg log.
Thank you for help!
Regards,

Jan Hlodan

try removing the xorg.conf (or backup it somehwere) and restart X (see what
happens)
this is because recent xorg has changed a lot

I don't have any xorg.conf (only/ etc/X11/XF86Config)

if it does not help see what happens when you disable the desktop effects

I already tried it, but it didn't help.

an option would be to try also with the xorg's nvidia driver

I have in /etc/X11/XF86Config nvidia driver.
PS: I installed the latest version of xorg package from Sid repository but it didn't help.
Regards

Jan Hlodan

regards