"Stable" vs "Unstable" & "Testing"

<<< I originally wrote:
I do know I want to stick with "stable" Debian >>>

<<< Someone else wrote:
I my opinion there is no need to do so. Squeeze is close to freeze, soon it will became stable. You better run it. Personally I run it on my EeePC and have (almost) no problems. Advantage of running testing is newer drivers. Also you would not need backports. >>>

<<<Arthur Machlas <arthur.machlas@gmail.com> wrote:
Agreed. For your netbook Squeeze is the best route. If it makes you feel better though, aside from the fact that Squeeze will be stable in the next 6 months or so (crosses fingers), your old Ubuntu friend is a snapshot of Unstable with some patches and bugfixes.>>>
Thanks a BUNCH for all the responds! If I'm repeating myself, forgive, I'm not sure what you've read so far (had some posting issues, now resolved). I'd like to explain my desire to use Debian stable so as to get some education here, cause I'm confused now. My reason for wanting stable (is it called "Freeze"?) was because of a suggestion on the Ubuntu list. 10.04 UNE has problems with torrents dropping my wireless connection on my Acer Aspire One. My 1st reaction was, how in the WORLD does the Ubuntu *Netbook* Edition (formally "Remix") not work on my *netbook*!? On the Ubuntu list, there was talk about the 6-month release schedule, talk of Ubuntu being based on "unstable" Debian & that the answer might be Debian stable if you don't want problems. This was the 1st time I had heard of "stable" & "unstable", I only knew there was "testing", which I wanted to avoid. Sounded very reasonable, with a name like "stable" & finding out Debian is the SOURCE for
 other distros, I'm thinking stable is what you'd use if you don't want to be a "Guinea pig". So I ran right over here. That's what got me here, but now I'm wondering if I'm going to go with unstable "Squeeze", what does that offer over Ubuntu 9.10 (Remix). 9.10 (unlike 10.04) works well on my Acer Aspire One. I remember when Windows 7 testing was being given away & most people I knew installed it right away. I wanted no part of "testing" software having no idea about this stable vs unstable issue. Hoping to get a good education on this! TIA