Re: GPG / GMail

On 07/06/10 11:42 PM, Steve Fishpaste wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 07, 2010 at 02:10:54PM -0400, H.S. uttered:
>> On 07/06/10 02:05 PM, Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
>>> Hi there,
>>>
>>>   Since firegpg support has been discontinued (*), I'd like to know
>>> what are gmail users favorite gpg tool ?
>>>

>> Crap! I was using Firegpg for mails to my friends and family whose
>> primary mail contact is yahoo or google and Firegpg provided a
>> clicky-click think with context menu to easily encrypt any portion of
>> text in mail text in a browser.
>>
>> So that brings me with the OP for looking for alternatives.
>
> When I used TBird there was a GPG extension. Why not use that? Search
> the extension repository.

Yes, I agree. In fact, if a mail client like TB or mutt can be used,
there is nothing to beat that. However, FireGPG was excellent for people
who use popular web mail services. They had nothing special to do other
than to set up their GPG stuff and install the addon and they were good
to go without having to change the way they read/composed emails.

ever having been read.