Re: New to Debian (what I've done so far)

On Mon, Jun 07, 2010 at 03:37:27PM -0700, ABSDoug wrote:
> Javier, thanks for pointing me in the right direction! & yes I'm subscribed...
> don't know why I didn't get the orginal replys to my original post, but I am
> now.
Did you read manual I mentioned before?

Anyone can write to debian-user, but only subsribers can receive mails sent to
list by others. So when others replied to your post, subscribers received that
answers, but you didn't. Somebody CC'ed you (sent you a copy) when replying -
that way you get some responses. Now you're subscribed and get all the answers

You also will get all the mails sent to other threads in this list, too (I do
not know are you familiar enough with mailing lists to know that, so I think I
should mention it so you won't be confused when your mailbox be flooded by
dozens of mails per day).

If you didn't receive some replies, don't worry - there are online archive of
all the mails sent to list. You can find it here[1] - scoll down to Archives,
choose month and year and go reading!

Good luck with Debian!

1. http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/

---