Re: Running a program when computer enters/exits idle state

Dne, 03. 06. 2010 03:33:38 je David Purton napisal(a):

I don't know if I have done it in the most efficient way, but you're
welcome to hack the code to do what you want - it is not complex code.

Hey, thanx, David. Although I'm in no way capable of hacking the code -- or even understanding it -- I really appreciate the gesture. This list simply *rules*. My "skills", if they may be called that at all, hardly reach simple bash scripting. Therefore, for the time being, I'm looking at xscreensaver-command, specifically at http://linux.die.net/man/1/xscreensaver-command . There's a snippet of perl there that, with any luck, could be hacked into a coarse bash script (since I don't talk pearl either).

--
All the best,

Klistvud
Certifiable Loonix User #481801