Re: lilo removal in squeeze (or, "please test grub2")

On Tue, 01 Jun 2010 12:14:42 -0400 (EDT), John Hasler wrote:
> Stephen Powell writes:
>> Actually, I've been tempted to volunteer to become the upstream
>> maintainer for lilo myself.
>
> Please do so.
>>
>> However, although the SAPL is written in assembly language, it is
>> written in s390 assembly language, which is totally different from x86
>> assembly language.  I don't know x86 assembly language at all.
>
> Set up a Web site (I suggest tuxfamily.org for hosting) and ask for
> help.  You'll find that there are people who can and will do the coding
> but who don't want the hassle and responsibility of running the project.

I don't know.  I would at least want to be able to review the work of
my assistants and have some hope of being able to tell if it makes sense.
I appreciate the encouragement, but I'm just not qualified for something
like this yet.  If lilo is worth saving, surely someone who *is* qualified
will step up to the plate.  I sure wish I knew what in the world happened
to John Coffman though.  He was doing a great job.

--
  .''`.     Stephen Powell
 : :'  :