converting home network to IPv6; ppp, IPv6, dsnmasq and iptables

I have an ADSL connection for my home network. The ADSL modem is
connected to an old box running Debian Testing which acts as a router
and firewall.

My ISP has given me an IPv6 address to try out. I have the username and
password. Basically, I now need to convert my ppp connection to deal
with IPv6 addresses and perhaps make changes to my iptables firewall and
dnsmasq. The latter (dnsmasq) can wait, however.

I have been reading stuff online on how to go about doing this. Various
testing confirms that Debian is ready for IPv6. For the ppp connection,
I need to make a few changes in ppp config and install a DHCP client,
wide-dhcpv6-client, and I should be more or less good to go. Got the
details from this document:
www.magyartelekom.com/static/sw/download/IPv6_user_guide4_eng.pdf [PDF]

Before I go about trying this, I just wanted to know somebody here has
accomplished this yet successfully and if there are any pitfalls to look
out for. I also want to make sure that my iptables firewall continues to
work, perhaps with some changes if necessary.

Any other precautions and advice in this endeavor are greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

ever having been read.