Re: Screen width on Knoppix install.

On 06/02/2010 10:04 AM, John Culleton wrote:
Thanks for your reply. I used Knoppix because it was very  easy to
install and came with a lot of useful software already, such as
Open Office.  The install program is called 0wn which stands for
zero work needed. My earlier experiences with e.g. Kubuntu were a
pain, menu after menu after menu and little control over the disk
partitioning. With Knoppix all I had to do was run cfdisk and then
0wn.  I have posted the items you requested on my website:
http://wexfordpress.com/xorg.conf
and
http://wexfordpress.com/Xorg.0.log
and
http://wexfordpress.com/Xorg.0.log.old

Another person might have a different experience. But when I
popped a Knoppix disk in my wife's laptop and got a wireless
connect with no grief I was sold. Don't mess with success is my
motto.

Knoppix has its own list: http://lists.debian.org/debian-knoppix/ . Have you tried Debian and the Debian installer?