Re: ls has stopped using the ISO date format

On 01/06/10 12:14 PM, Ron Johnson wrote:

> jhead -n%Y%m%d-%H%M%S *.JPG
>
> It reads the date/time stamp from a pic's Exif header and then renames
> the file.
...........................................^^^^^^^^^^^^...............

Not applicable if there is no exif data in the photo file ... fairly
common scenario, I might add, when photos are scanned from film.

And besides, even if Exif meta data is present, further hack is needed
to put all the photos in a folder with a name based on the date when the
photo shoot was started.

Combine the above two and jhead is not such a convenience at all. The
best solutions I fixed on is to create the appropriately named folder
and save all the scans within that. The scanning software allows me to
sequentially number the frames that I scan and I just put the ISO date
based prefix before that number.

ever having been read.