Re: Numeric panel on keyboard is no longer recognized

On Tue, 01 Jun 2010 16:22:44 +0200, Merciadri Luca wrote:

> Camaleón writes:

>> "Soft keys"? I do not recall this :-?
>>
>> But anything regarding assistive keyboard is configured/activated
>> within GNOME keyboard settings. Check in there *all the tabs* and see
>> if something has been enabled accidentally.
>>
>> Also, run "gnome-at-properties" in gnome-terminal and see if something
>> was also enabled there.

> Ok. So, what looks completely abnormal in `Keyboard Layout Options' is
> `Both Alt keys together change layout,' and `Right Alt is Compose.'

I copy/paste my keyboard setup options:

- Add euro symbol... none selected
- Caps lock behaviour... default
- Alt/windows behavior... default
- Japanese keyboard... none selected
- Layout switching... none selected
- Numeric keypad delete key... default
- Numeric keypad layout selection... default
- Miscelanuous compatibility options... none selected
- Compose key location... none selected
- Ctrl key location...default
- Third level selectors... none selected
- Use keyboard LED to show alternative... none selected
- Using space key to input... default

> What means the latter?

"Right Alt is Compose" means you can use "right alt" key to create
composed characters such "→" :-)

> Soft keys are disabled, and GNOME tells it to me.
> Well, it should be the `Both Alt keys together change layout,' but I
> never press twice some `Alt' key. Moreover, this won't give me back my
> numeric panel... Hopefully, I do not work in Finance!

You can create a new user account to compare the keyboard settings
(between the new user and the old/current one) because I am using a
Spanish keyboard and my preferences could be not suitable for you.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón