Re: ls has stopped using the ISO date format

On Sun,30.May.10, 12:04:47, Brian Marshall wrote:
> On Sun, May 30, 2010 at 10:44:38AM +0100, Nuno Magalhães wrote:
> > In any case if locales were the reasoning, pt_PT.UTF-8 oughta be "30
> > Mai 2010" or something when it's actually just a translation from
> > english, "Mai 30 2010".
>
> That looks like a bug in the pt_PT.UTF-8 locale. de_DE.UTF-8 gets it
> right with "30. Mai 2010", so ideally, the locales *should* be fully
> localized and not just translated.

At least for Romanian it's not a bug in the locale, but rather missing
feature, because only %c and %x are defined. Neither are suitable for ls
(%c includes the weekday and %x doesn't include the time) so it is using
it's own format. I'll report a bug for Romanian.

Regards,
Andrei