Re: USB flash drive: permissions, etc.

On Fri, May 28, 2010 at 10:42:22AM -0400, john wrote:
> I can no longer read or write or even unmounted  a USB flash drive.
>
> Something happened during the last two weeks. I am using squeeze and
> regularly upgrade on a daily basis. The only change to the system I can
> recall was debfoster run during that period where I deleted some 4 or
> five libraries.
>
> The only other clues I have are the options, "safely remove usb" and
> "eject" have disappeared from nautilus (right click).
>
> I recall this happening to me some 2 years ago, but I have mislaid the
> solution. Searches through google and this list have not yielded the
> solution.

Hello,

Please provide more info, i.e. what does mount says when the USB stick
is plugged in? fdisk -l output would be helpful too. The ouput of tail
-f /var/log/messages when plugging in the USB stick can be informative
too.

Regards.

--
Huella de clave primaria: 0FDA C36F F110 54F4 D42B  D0EB 617D 396C 448B 31EB