Re: Ugrade from Lenny to Squeeze on old PC Box - fsck died with exit status 8

On Fri,28.May.10, 10:07:38, Paul Chany wrote:
> Sven Joachim <svenjoac@gmx.de> writes:
> >
> > The new kernel is probably using libata instead of the old IDE drivers,
> > which means that your hard disk is called /dev/sda rather than /dev/hda.
> > You should use labels or UUIDs in /etc/fstab if you want to use both the
> > old and the new kernel.  The linux-base package from sid can help you
> > with the conversion.
>
> I want to use only the newest kernel version 2.6.32-3-486.
> What can I do in this case?

It might be enough to replace all instances of hdaX with the
corresponding sdaX, but UUID or labels are much safer anyway. I think
linux-base (pointed out by Sven) will even automate (most of) the
transition.

Regards,
Andrei