Re: Monitoring network activity

On 27/05/10 15:08, Liam O'Toole wrote:
On 2010-05-27, AG<computing.account@googlemail.com>  wrote:
On 27/05/10 10:44, Mirco Piccin wrote:
Hi,

How would I go about finding out what application is connecting to the
web and/ or what is connecting to my machine to cause the modem
light activity?
i think that with wireshark or ntop you should obtain the information
you need.

Regards

Hi and thanks for responding Mirco, François, and Michal

After looking at the options, I decided on Wireshark and am giving that
a test run.

Bit of a learning curve, but appears to do the job.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Best

AG

Even more choices: iptraf, tcpdump.

Choices ... choices - the blessing/ curse of OSS :)