Re: extlinux

On 05/27/2010 08:54 AM, Michael Tokarev wrote:
> Just one question:  why /boot/extlinux/ ?  Why can't it be
> placed directly to /boot, so that all kernel images may be
> referenced using relative paths?

there's more than one file used for the config, so putting them into an
own directory is better to not clutter /boot with several .conf files.

additionally, if ftp-masters ever happen to process
syslinux-themes-debian in NEW, we would have a nice graphical menu for
extlinux (and for syslinux/pxelinux etc.). having those in /boot is kind
of a requirement, and having those in /boot too would be seriously
unreasonable, but having the activated theme in /boot/extlinux/theme/ is.

Hope that explains it, feel free to if you want more information.

Regards,
Daniel