Re: Strange printing effect

On Wed, 26 May 2010 15:33:38 +0200
Merciadri Luca <Luca.Merciadri@student.ulg.ac.be> wrote:

Hello Merciadri,

> That is a really strange problem. Have you tried your printer on
> another computer? (Basic question, I know, but we sometimes forget.)

Unfortunately, that's not possible, as I don't have access to another
computer to try it on.

> connected to the computer? I have no experience with laser printers.

Via USB, as hplip doesn't recognise parallel printers [at least from
Debian repos](0).  Barry's is the laser printer, mine's an inkjet.

[0]  It is possible to use parallel printers with hplip but, by default,
the ability is off at compile time.  I've never pursued the issue the
the Debian maintainer but guess he doesn't enable the feature.

I also want to go direct to HP to use hplip since their way uses a
very unDebian like install method.  On top of that, I already install
four packages manually, and don't wish to make that five.

Finally, for me, this is a minor 'nit' as I don't do a great deal of
printing.  I can see though, it would be costly for users that make a
lot of use of their printer(s).

--
 Regards  _

This disease is catching