Re: Strange printing effect

On Wed, 26 May 2010 14:24:03 +0200
Merciadri Luca <Luca.Merciadri@student.ulg.ac.be> wrote:

Hello Merciadri,

> Are not you having some CUPS driver problem? I had to try many
> different ones for my HP OfficeJet Pro L7500 to make it work correctly.

Given that I'm using the correct driver for my printer (a fact I
neglected to mention), and another HP printer is suffering similar
issues would indicate (to me at least) the fault is not the driver, but
somewhere else in the chain.  I have no proof of that, I'm simply
working on "gut feeling".

Given hplip's behaviour in the past(0), my instinct is to blame that.

(0) Here, it's been not working at all, only working if the printer is
on before hplip starts, only showing print jobs but not ink/head status,
never working with a parallel printer, only USB......

--
 Regards  _

Every single one of us
Devil Inside - INXS