Re: evolution 2.30 with exchange

Camaleón wrote:

> On Tue, 25 May 2010 18:57:31 +0200, deloptes wrote:
>
>> Camaleón wrote:
>>
>>> If Evolution is working "off-line", switch into "on-line" mode, that
>>> should go away the message about "network not available".
>>>

>> this is the problem the online option (down left) is outblended and
>> inactive. I don't understand why.
>
> It could be a bug, but Evolution depends much in network-manager settings
> to check the connection status of the computer. Be sure you are indeed
> online.

does somebody here is using it (also in production)?
I want to cross check some things.
I'm not using network manager, because the stupid thing is waiting for me to
login to connect, but my home is on a network share that I need to have
mounted before I login

> Also, go to "File" menu and look there for any "switch to online" option
> you can toggle on.

be sure I've done this already .. this option is disabled too

> You can try by launching Evolution being another user (not your usual
> one) and from a console, to see any output errors.

this is a good idea, I'll try. I've actually tried but only to see if evo is
running

>> By the way I'm using evolution in KDE4 so may be there is something from
>> gnome missing.
>>
>> I did a test upgrade so may be evolution packages are upgraded but
>> dependant were not installed - is it possible?
>
> Check for any updated packages again.

updating daily

> Update manager should care about the required packages and dependancies
> that will be upgraded, I doubt you are missing one of them, it should
> have warned you if something was missing or broken :-?

thanks - perhaps is the network manager. I'll get it running and check
again.

if someone is reading mails with evolution 2.30 from exchange please give me
a note.

regards