Re: evolution 2.30 with exchange

On Tue, 25 May 2010 18:57:31 +0200, deloptes wrote:

> Camaleón wrote:
>
>> If Evolution is working "off-line", switch into "on-line" mode, that
>> should go away the message about "network not available".
>>

> this is the problem the online option (down left) is outblended and
> inactive. I don't understand why.

It could be a bug, but Evolution depends much in network-manager settings
to check the connection status of the computer. Be sure you are indeed
online.

Also, go to "File" menu and look there for any "switch to online" option
you can toggle on.

You can try by launching Evolution being another user (not your usual
one) and from a console, to see any output errors.

> By the way I'm using evolution in KDE4 so may be there is something from
> gnome missing.
>
> I did a test upgrade so may be evolution packages are upgraded but
> dependant were not installed - is it possible?

Check for any updated packages again.

Update manager should care about the required packages and dependancies
that will be upgraded, I doubt you are missing one of them, it should
have warned you if something was missing or broken :-?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón