Re: Console: Laptop vs backlight-off problem

Cool, thx for that find!

I've played a bit, at first it was looking hopeless, after logging in I'd get backlight=off and dead tty - couldn't even reboot since that would cause full hang (though I could login via ssh, until I hung it via reboot that is).

Discovered that a 'stty rows 50 cols 132' command was causing my pain (as does the more conventional rows 50 cols 80). So I now have:
- 'video=uvesafb:640x480-8,mtrr:0,redraw' in my append statement
- 'uvesafb' added to /etc/modules
- that stty command commented out
- 80 x 30 console (really want my 50x80 back)
- backlight goes off on timer
- everybody comes back alive upon keypress
- screen/tty doesn't hang at login

Thx again!

Camaleón wrote:
How about this? :-?

***
Re: on a laptop... how to disable the backlight?
http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=7386521&postcount=9
***

Greetings,