Re: Chromium in Sid

On 2010-05-21 17:42 +0200, Steve Fishpaste wrote:

> I'd be happy to contribute in any way I can, but the question is why
> is it so old when Ubuntu is keeping up-to-date daily?!

Note that Ubuntu is doing that in a PPA, not in their development
release.  I suspect that Chromium 6 has to wait for libvpx to leave NEW,
and the efforts to build with the system ffmpeg also take quite a lot of
time.

Sven

--
Google is forking existing FOSS code bits for Chromium like a rabbit
makes babies: frequently, and usually, without much thought.