Re: Unable to connect to my home wireless

Same here: after the update on Tuesday (Monday I didn't update), my wireless
network stopped working.

Today I figured out what was going on: the update installed the packets knm-
runtime, network-manager-kde, network-manager and possible other packets.

After I duly uninstalled those offending pieces of crap, my wireless network
started to work again.

Until now I thought I was the manager of my computer, and I would greatly
appreciate Debian not to automatically install such potentially harmful (let
alone completely useless) packages on my PC. And IF Debian needs to install
them to make some users happy, at least make sure they don't do any harm.

Thank you.
Th