Scripting gnome-panels

I have a small bashscript which prepares a dual-monitor setup for my laptop, since i'm moving in and out of the office and meetings, I tend to attach and disconnect the monitor a few times a day.

That works fine with xrandr, but the issue is that I would like some gnome panels to move, and add one to the extra monitor. I have googled around but cant seemt o find that it would be possible, but it must be in some way, us usual. So, any hints?

Basically, add one panel to one monitor, and add a window list to that panel.

Best regards,
  Eric