Re: apect ration change on wide monitor

On Mon, 17 May 2010 14:46:25 +0200, Martin wrote:

(...)

> So after reading replays my conclusion is that none of LCD wide monitors
> do not offer possibility to change aspect ratio by software. Same that
> designers of monitor and protocol that its use to communicate with
> computer did not thing about this feature. I hope that I am wrong.

Well, for watching movies in your PC you can always use the media player
abilities to re-scale the video into 4:3 aspect ratio :-)

But if your vga card cannot provide higher resolutions to the monitor,
then you are stuck: LCDs can only work well at their native resolution.
So your first step should be to find the specs of your VGA card and check
what is the maximum resolution it can provide.

Your display will be happy at 1680x1050@60Hz.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón