Re: Re: [SOLVED] New 3-button serial mouse not detected by Lenny

Hi,

On Mon, 17 May 2010 deloptes wrote:

> Just for the record there are many ways to make it done and I think this
> article explains a lot concerning your issue

> http://www.informatik.uni-freiburg.de/~danlee/fun/psaux/

Thanks for the link.

On Mon, 17 May 2010 Tom Furie wrote:

> Do you have some reason for not wanting to use a scrollwheel?

Not really, but looking on Google for 3-button mice, I saw a message that said
a scroll-wheel mouse is fiddly to use, and the scroll-wheel has to be clicked
accurately, or something to that effect.  I had never seen one close up, so I
wasn't sure how they worked, and besides, I don't need a scrollwheel.  In fact
I purchased two anyway, and the first arrived this morning.

> Have you been using a scrollwheel mouse with 3-button emulation?

No, it was a Maxtro 2-button mouse, new around 2003.  3-button emulation
worked well in Woody and Etch, but when I did a fresh install of Lenny when it
became Stable in April last year, everything was brilliant, except that the
3-button emulation seemed to have deteriorated for some reason.  In
desperation I extended the Emulate3Timeout as described on
http://lists.debian.org/debian-kde/2009/11/msg00120.html and worked with
that for a year, but due I guess to less software contact bounce suppression
in Xorg than in XFree86, I often still got unwanted context menus.

Best regards,
Chris Austin.