Re: LVM spanning multiple encrypted drives

On Sun, May 16, 2010 at 3:57 AM, B. Alexander <storm16@gmail.com> wrote:
> I use LUKS drive encryption on several machines on my network. The problem I
> have is that every time I attempt to set up LVM which spans multiple drives,
> it decrypts the first one, then panics because it can't see the rest of the

what is happening is when the device is unecrypted udev adds it in and
lvm does a scan of the device sees the lvm signature and wants to
build the LVM.

look in /etc/lvm/lvm.conf and tell it to ingore your unencrypted
devices and then manually run the lvmscan on the devices

Alex

[snip]