Re: PDF grief - was Re: Flash is open?

On 05/14/2010 06:14 AM, John A. Sullivan III wrote:
On Fri, 2010-05-14 at 06:52 +0000, Camaleón wrote:
<snip>
Look at PDF. PDF became a ISO/IEC standard but we (at linux) still lack
for a PDF editor that can compete with Acrobat Professional.
<snip>
That comment really strikes home.  We are working on a potential major
Windows desktop replacement project.  The two things that are absolutely
killing us are email and a viable substitute for Acrobat Standard.  We
can roughly mimic everything Acrobat does

Forms, you mean?

                                           but only with create
complexity, taking ten times longer to get it done, using several
applications in the process, having less than comparable results, and
making the process detestable to the end users who wonder why would
anyone give up Windows for this.  There are couple of admirable efforts
out there but they have a very, very long way to go - John

Disable internet access and they can't get infected by malware.

--
Dissent is patriotic, remember?