Re: libc6 upgrade lenny to squeeze failed, now dpkg is broken

On Tuesday 11 May 2010 16:05:04 Jordan Metzmeier wrote:
> > How can this be fixed?  And shouldn't there be a big warning that trying
> > to upgrade libc6 can break dpkg, on the Debian website page for libc6?
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Chris Austin.
>
> What should really be the "big warning" is mixing releases.

Bah! WFM.

That said, I definitely think twice about any proposal from apt(itude) that
includes updating the system C or Perl runtime.  I don't like having to
recover from a broken apt (or worse dpkg) -- but that hasn't happened since I
moved to Debian full time.

(Pro Tip: A .deb is an "ar" archive.)