Re: Re: Switching from NV to Nouveau in Squeeze

On 01/-10/-28163 02:59 PM, Kelly Clowers wrote:
> I don't have Nvidia myself, but tt should be a matter of installing Nouveau,
> and then changing the "Driver" line in /etc/x11/xorg.conf from "nv" to
>   "Nouveau"
> (or adding the line in the "Device" section if it doesn't exist).

Good old /etc/X11/xorg.conf. There isn't one on this system. I used to hate fiddling around with that file. The transition to other means of controlling video has been fraught with peril for some, but a few false starts with video configuration on this system under various distributions finally convinced me that the voyage needed to be undertaken.

> Cheers,
> Kelly Clowers

Many thanks for your response.

Best,
Sam

PS: I also sent this message from a different e-mail account. I figured I'd resend it to clear up any question about who was actually responding to the thread. Sorry about the dumbness. Too much swapping of systems and info around this place.