Re: Configuring X for second monitor running free-driver.

Thank You for Your time and answer, Hugo:

>> Also I can not use option "DRI" in Section "Device" - Xserver does not start then.

>and the log? What does the log say?

For now I have downgraded all the xserver-xorg* packages - back to stable, therefore, now X loads with the option, at least, though I do not have 3D-acceleration in the second monitor at least, ans the first one - is off always. Also, I can not watch windowed movies - but only in full screen, and some applications that use full screen mode and change resolution - the monitors turns off automatically for the time the app. is running - I believe it is been sent to the primary monitor.

So, could You recommend a good guide on how I can get full control over the monitors so that I may easily specify in xorg.conf which hardware to use?

I was searching Internet w/o luck on it as yet...

Also in the man xorg.conf I have read that for dual heads of vcard I can specify bus for every head and utility of pciscan is suggested to be used but I can not find such an one in Debian repos. May, You know how I can find out the bus addresses for the heads?

Thank You for Your time and effort, once again.