Re: Configuring X for second monitor running free-driver.

Sthu Deus wrote:
Good day.

Could You please help me with my X server config.

I'm trying to use only external monitor connected to a laptop and all is fine except that I have no 3D-support and also mplayer when playing movies shows it only in full screen mode and refuses to show it in its window.

It seems to me that Xserver does not operate fully somehow with the external screen - sending most of its capabilities to the internal screen (that is off always) and not to the external one. This my guess also proves the KDE 3.6 control center - in section of display it show only single screen w abilities of the laptop screen and it is no possibility to change the screen1 to another screen - that is KDE does not know on which screen it runs.

Also I can not use option "DRI" in Section "Device" - Xserver does not start then.

and the log? What does the log say?

Hugo