Re: network printer and Cups

On Tue, 11 May 2010 12:41:07 +0200, deloptes wrote:

> Camaleón wrote:
>
>> Big multifunction machines implements their own type of security for
>> job handling but AFAIK such features only work with windows drivers and
>> when printing directly to the printer, not using CUPS inbetween :-/
>>

> the question is what he means by departments id?

Our Ricoh Aficio 3030 has something like that. It's an option you can
enable when using the windows driver to identify a job and apply security
measures on it.

Those machines have their own samba implementation, ldap, hard disk and
so on... they act as a central hub for managing all the jobs and tasks
(scanning, faxing and printing) so you can create users and groups and
grating them different permission levels based on their credentials.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón