Re: network printer and Cups

On Tue, 11 May 2010 15:22:32 +1930, Germana Oliveira wrote:

> i'm trying to manage my network printer from cups.
>
> printer: ImageRunner 4570
> OS: Debian Lenny
> Driver: Canon iR3570/iR4570 UFR II ver.2.0

You mean your printer is configured into a Debian box with CUPS and
windows clients are printing through CUPS?

> this printer have the 'Department ID' feature active, so it should ask
> me for my ID and password when i try to print, instead, it send the job
> but never get to the printer output.
>
> I could not even print a test page.
> What am i doing wrong???

I'm not sure whether CUPS is capable of supporting such authenticating
features, but if you think yes, review the CUPs logs under "/var/log/cups/
error.log" to check what's going on with sent jobs.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón