Re: How to Find a Printer Driver?

Brad Rogers wrote:
On Mon, 10 May 2010 15:36:41 -0500
Kent West <westk@acu.edu> wrote:

Hello Kent,

I tried installing hpijs-ppds, but I still don't see the CM3530
listed; I do now see a Color Laserjet 3550 (without the CM, and not
the 3530), but who knows if that'd work? Not me.

In Testing, the CM3530 is listed.  You might try pulling the hplip-data
package from there, or wait for it to migrate.

Okay. That scares me. This box used to run Sid, but then one update killed my dual-monitor setup, and after about 6 months of fighting trying to get it back, I finally rebuilt the box back to stable.

I don't mind pulling in a package or two from Testing, but I'm unsure how to do it without doing a wholesale dist-upgrade to Testing.

I think I just duplicate my stable lines (except the security line) in "/etc/apt/sources", putting the testing lines below the stable lines so the stable will still be the default, then running "aptitude update", then "aptitude install +testing hpijs-ppds" or something similar. Right?

--
Kent West     <*)))><
http://kentwest.blogspot.com