Re: before reaching conclusion that I faced bug no 502849 what more should I check read message

On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 3:26 PM, Tapas Mishra <mightydreams@gmail.com> wrote:
> Today morning I found my xen crashed I was using Debian lenny amd64 bit
> 2.6.26-2-xen-amd64 and xen-3.2.1
>
> Xen had crashed
> even though I try to restart it gives error
> openworld:~# xm list
> Error: Unable to connect to xend: No such file or directory. Is xend running?
> openworld:~# /etc/init.d/xend start
> Starting XEN control daemon: xendFATAL: Could not create tdb file
> /var/lib/xenstored/tdb: Input/output error
>  failed!

Seems to be that the "/var/lib/xenstored/tdb" file is inaccessible -
probably due to underlying filesystem damage. Xend is bailing out
because it is unable to read the TDB file.

I am not sure if you can recover/recreate this TDB file. Try a
filesystem check, however, I don't suppose the error will be
recoverable.

Regards,
Didar