Re: Simple tool to extract sound from video?

On 2010-05-07 18:19:44 +0200, Merciadri Luca wrote:
>Rob Owens wrote:
>> Avidemux can do it also.  It's a GUI, but I think it's more
>> straightforward to do it with ffmpeg, as suggested above
>
>Thanks. ffmpeg does actually, exactly what I want. Thanks. (For such
>things, people habitually ask for a mere commandline use, at least me.)

I wanted to add a different command line solution. I use mplayer a lot
to watch videos, so I have an mplayer recipe to do this same job.  It
goes like this:

    mplayer myvideo.avi -vc null -vo null -ao pcm:file=myvideo.wav

This is just another option. I think mplayer makes some things easier
because it chooses codecs for you. If mplayer can play your file, it
can also write it to disk.

Hope this helps,

Phil