Re: Procmail: re-sort all messages

On Fri, May  7 at 15:38, Alexander Batischev penned:
> Hi,
>
> I've just installed fetchmail ??? procmail ??? mutt ??? msmtp chain
> and want to configure procmail properly. Of course, I can't write
> all the rules in the right way from scratch, so there must be some
> testing. The only way to check how rules works is actually run
> procmail and see what happens. Here is where problems starts.

This doesn't answer your direct question, but my first procmail rule
copies the message to an archive mailbox.  That way if I screw up the
later rules, I can still see the original message.

My rule for this is:

	:0 c:
	$HOME/mail/archive/backup

(backup is in mbox format)

I also have this at the top to see what procmail's doing:

	LOGFILE=$HOME/log/procmail.log
	#add a line between each entry for readability
	LOG="
	"
	#applies to log
	VERBOSE=yes

I use logrotate to trim both the backup mailbox and the procmail log
file.

--
monique