Procmail: re-sort all messages

Hi,

I've just installed fetchmail → procmail → mutt → msmtp chain and want
to configure procmail properly. Of course, I can't write all the rules
in the right way from scratch, so there must be some testing. The only
way to check how rules works is actually run procmail and see what
happens. Here is where problems starts.

I have about 165 Mb of mails in my GMail box. The only way (known to
me at least) to test procmail rules is to invoke this:

$ fetchmail -ak -m "/usr/bin/procmail -d %T"

But that requires downloading of mentioned amount of mails, which is
quite long operation.

So here is what I'm looking for: is there a way to run procmail on
already downloaded messages? Maybe I should download them to separate
directory and run procmail on it? Maybe I can just pass existing
(already sorted) mail directory to procmail for re-sorting? I hope
there are some way to do that.

Regards,
Alexander Batischev