Re: 64-bit netbooks with Debian linux

Mark Allums wrote:

> I do not know, but I would guess that it is dependent on the CPU.  A
> particular ARM or Atom chip may have a particular amount of on-chip cache.
>
> Choosing one's machine carefully would include knowing what type of CPU
> is in it.
>
> MAA

Good point, thanks!

I've compiled one and the same software on my dell d530 and on an eeepc
(don't remember which model exactly, but I think it was atom inside).
Compile time was significantly longer on the latter. So the question is, if
someone knows of a netbook (that is _64bit) and can be used for development
(i.e. has 2gb ram and i.e. 2m cache) this would be exactly perfect for me.
I've tried looking around but gathering exactly this data is kind of hard.
So if someone has a hint, it would be great. Also some of you are dealing
much ofter with hardware than me. Thanks in advance

regards