Re: 64-bit netbooks with Debian linux

Mark Allums wrote:

> With 64 bits, you will need more memory, so I suggest you look for a
> machine that can use 4 GB of memory.

I also found that people underestimate the importance of L2/3 cache. I'm
compiling very often and it's really faster on my developer's notebook with
4M cache then on faster CPU with 512K. The difference is in the terms of
4-8 times.
I've noticed that there is only 512K cache in the most netbooks which makes
then unsuitable for development. ATM this is stopping me from buying one.
Do you know if there are some with larger cache?

regards