Re: fglrx driver in debian squeeze in limbo - any ideas?

On Mon, May 3, 2010 at 9:43 AM, tv.debian@googlemail.com
<tv.debian@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi, what exactly is broken ?
> As a workaround you could use Sid packages if Squeeze's are in bad shape. I
> have two mostly Squeeze (amd64, kde with desktop "effects" enabled) machines
> running Sid's fglrx at the moment and they seem fine, glxinfo and fglrxinfo
> doesn't spit any error, xorg logs doesn't contain errors, and the few OpenGl
> stuff I just tried are working fine (namely "Torcs" and "xmoto").

everyone is wrong, fglrx in Debian Squeeze need non-free packages in
ll they need is module-assistant and fglrx

root@forest:~# aptitude install fglrx-driver fglrx-glx fglrx-control
fglrx-source fglrx-kernel-2.6.32-3-amd64 module-assistant -y
root@forest:~# module-assistant (and follow assistant, select fglrx,
make, build and install)
root@forest:~# modprobe fglrx
root@forest:~# aticonfig --initial (replaces /etc/X11/xorg.conf if exists)
root@forest:~# /etc/init.d/gdm restart (or kdm if you have  QT vaccine)

"La Voluntad es el único motor de nuestros logros"