Re: Aptitude Error

On Fri, Apr 30, 2010 at 12:39 PM, Kousik Maiti <kousikster@gmail.com> wrote:
Try

apt-get install fakeroot devscripts build-essential

If it gives error then post your /etc/apt/sources.list

I selected "n" and it prompted me to "downgrade the packages to testing". This means that the versions it had were newer than testing, i.e., from sid. How could this be if I followed 2.7.3 of DR? According to that, my candidate version is appropriately set:

I selected "n" and then "y" and it downgraded the packages to testing. Why would they have been upgraded in the first place? Here is my sources file:

stuckey@debian:~$ cat /etc/apt/sources.list
deb ftp://ftp.debian-multimedia.org squeeze main non-free

deb http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/ squeeze main contrib non-free
#deb-src http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/ squeeze main contrib non-free

#deb http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian sid main contrib non-free
deb-src http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/ sid main contrib non-free