Re: Aptitude Error

Try

apt-get install fakeroot devscripts build-essential

If it gives error then post your /etc/apt/sources.list

On Fri, Apr 30, 2010 at 4:07 PM, James Stuckey <jhstuckey@gmail.com> wrote:

Have you tried "apt-get update" or "aptitude update" before trying to
install these packages?

 Yes, I did "aptitude safe-upgrade" after "aptitude update" and then "aptitude full-upgrade".

I selected "n" and it prompted me to "downgrade the packages to testing". This means that the versions it had were newer than testing, i.e., from sid. How could this be if I followed 2.7.3 of DR? According to that, my candidate version is appropriately set:

stuckey@debian:~$ cat /etc/apt/apt.conf
APT::Default-Release "testing";

--
Wishing you the very best of everything, always!!!
Kousik Maiti(কৌশিক মাইতি)