Odd logcheck behaviour.

Hi All,

I am trying to filter out Java stack traces from a log file and
thereby only send the initial exception so as to make the emails
smaller. In my manual tests this works (stack traces are not in
emails) but when running from cron the exceptions are not filtered out
(stack traces are present in logcheck emails). When I test manually, I
do the following -

$ cat sample.txt|sed -e 's/[space]*$//' |   egrep -v -f ./gigaspaces

(I got this from http://wiki.logcheck.org/DevelTipsTricks)

This works as expected.

To summerise - the symptoms are as follows (with more details to follow)

* Logwatch from cron - Stack traces are not filtered out
* egrep manually run - Stack traces are filtered out

I have decided to use pastebin to keep this email readable so below is
the exception and stack trace

http://pastebin.com/1miZ0VJC

and here is the logcheck regex config stored in
/etc/logcheck/ignore.d.server/gigaspaces

http://pastebin.com/z9hcfKqC

Any input into this logcheck behaviour would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Fred.