Re: Installing 16GB CF card in HP 5700 terminal

On Wed, 28 Apr 2010 10:18:44 +0200, Krzysztof Walkiewicz wrote:

> Thank you for your reply. Yes, this is a thin client. I solved the
> problem - it was a jumper that I needed to switch.

Good :-)

> But now I have
> another problem:
> During booting I have an error:
>
> dma_timer_expiry: dma status == 0x21

Bad :-(

> then, debian installer starts, byt after I set up partitions I get a
> message that system wasn't able to mount them.
>
> I try to install the system (Debian Lenny) from USB stick, via SYSLINUX.
> Am I nedd to add "ide=nodma" to the syslinux.cfg file?
>
> Maybe somebody had same problem?

It seems many people faced that problem (as a quick Google search
suggests):

<http://www.google.com/webhp?hl=en#hl=en&source=hp&q=dma_timer_expiry%3A
+dma+status+%3D%3D+0x21&btnG=Google+Search&fp=47a2ff188eff6511>

Sorry I cannot give you a "fine-grained" advice, I never encountered such
a problem :-?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón