Re: Esperanto

There's no need to hurl abuse.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Esperanto

"Zamenhof's goal was to create an easy to learn and politically neutral language that would serve as a universal second language to foster peace and international understanding... There is controversy over the number of people who are fluent in Esperanto, with estimates ranging from 10,000 to as high as two million."

So it is a secondary language. Everybody who speaks it speaks another, primary, language. Isn't it redundant to have a special mailing list for a group of people who may be as small as 10,000 worldwide, all of whom speak another, major, language?

You seem upset that I would ask. I hope you don't mistakenly think I meant Spanish.