Re: Debian on IBM eServer System p5 - POWER Arch

On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 20:03 +0530, Abhishek Amberkar [अभिषेक] wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 1:48 PM, Wolodja Wentland
> <wentland@cl.uni-heidelberg.de> wrote:

> > Are you using the squeeze installer? If so, I would try the stable
> > installer for the installation. Is there a special reason why you need
> > the squeeze installer? You can easily upgrade to squeeze later on or
> > oven install squeeze directly.
> >

> The only reason I used squeeze installer because I thought, since it's
> latest.. it will have proper support for powerpc. I did google for
> "prom_init" thing... but couldn't find a solution. :(

Did the stable installer work for you? The installer that will be
shipped with squeeze is still in development and should not be
considered stable or ready for production systems (squeeze as well). I
recommend to run lenny on anything that is even remotely critical or
could be considered a production system.

If you need specific software or newer versions let us know and we will
help you to install it. If you have to upgrade to testing we can also
provide support with that, but please mention your reasons for the
upgrade and the use of the machine you are running.
--
  .''`.     Wolodja Wentland    <wentland@cl.uni-heidelberg.de>
 : :'  :