Re: Debian on IBM eServer System p5 - POWER Arch

On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 13:04 +0530, Abhishek Amberkar [अभिषेक] wrote:
> Hello List,
>
> I am trying to install Debian Testing on IBM eServer System p5.

I can't really help you with your problem, but would like to point out
that there is a mailing list for PowerPC [1], which might be worth a
try. And there are a couple of hits on Google for the error (prom-init
freeze) you get ... ;)

Are you using the squeeze installer? If so, I would try the stable
installer for the installation. Is there a special reason why you need
the squeeze installer? You can easily upgrade to squeeze later on or
oven install squeeze directly.

Good luck!

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-powerpc/
--