Re: where is what kontrol did?

Dotan Cohen wrote:
But at what price: hal comes back in again, after I just got rid of it, and
also consolekit, after I just got rid of that too...
I dunno, all for just a sound...

I suppose that depends on how (and why) you got rid of them.

Have you tried installing Pulse Audio, you can control that without
the KDE tools.

Hal and friend got installed because they used to be needed for xserver-xorg, but that is no longer true in the latest versions, so I just removed them.

But will pulse audio make my Konsole make a sound because that is the only reason I would install systemsettings.

Hugo