Re: Lite SMTP server/daemon

export@hope.cz put forth on 4/24/2010 2:19 AM:

> Hi Celejar,
> Thank you for your reply.
> I use Linux running in Compact Flash so that the size of the Compact flash
> memory is the limit
> Users will send emails to a program running in the Compact flash so I need a
> mail server there too.
> Only SMTP, no POP3 server
> Can you suggest something?

We need many more details before making a proper recommendation:

1.  The "program" you mention picks up mail via a pipe or a file?  If via
file, does the program expect mbox format or maildir format?  If neither,
does the "program" speak smtp?  If so, why are you asking your question?
Just bind the program to tcp 25.

2.  Storage capacity of the flash device and amount of free space?  Do you
already have the perl package installed?

3.  Have you ever configured an smtp mta before?  If yes, which one(s)?

After you provide these answers we should be able to give you the exact
solution you need, if it is physically possible given your storage constraints.

--
Stan